GSA releases MAS Solicitation Refresh # 8, Mass Modification A837
In order to ensure the health and safety of the federal workforce and contractor community, the President signed Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. The General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) issued solicitation Refresh # 8 and the Mass Modification (Mass Mod) A837 to implement Executive Order 14042.
- Requirement for covered contractor employees and subcontractors to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021, except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation;
- Compliance by individuals, including covered contractor employees and visitors, with the Guidance related to masking and physical distancing while in covered contractor workplaces; and
- Requirement for covered contractors to designate a lead person to coordinate COVID-19 workplace safety efforts at covered contractor workplaces and compliance with the mandate.
This order does not apply to:
- Contracts or agreements with Indian Tribes under the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act;
- Contracts or subcontracts whose value is equal to or less than the simplified acquisition threshold;
- Employees who perform work outside the United States or its outlying areas. PLEASE NOTE: If a contract is stated as providing services/products for domestic and overseas, this exception will not apply.
Acceptance of the Mass Modification A837 is mandatory for all Federal Supply Schedule contractors and is required to be accepted and signed, bilaterally, by November 14, 2021 to be eligible for new orders. GSA will not exercise options, extend or renew your contract if the modification has not been finalized. If the mass modification is not signed by November 14, 2021, GSA may temporarily hide contractor information on GSA website and/or e-tools and flag contractors that have not accepted the modification.
See GSA’s Interact post for details on the Significant Changes and Class Deviation – EO 14042.
Another useful resource in navigating the new Executive Order is “Sheppard Mullin’s Executive Order 14042 Survival Guide” which is continuously updated with new FAQ’s.
Additional information and frequently asked questions.
If you have any questions on the significant changes, please contact BH Sky for assistance.
Contact a BH Sky GSA Contract Schedule Expert today for assistance.