NEW Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) – Furniture
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) established the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) on May 20, 2005 by issuing a memorandum on the subject “Implementing Strategic Sourcing”. FSSI is a structured and collaborative process to critically analyze the spending patterns of an organization within the government to better leverage their purchasing power, reduce costs, and improve overall performance. OMB reinforced the Federal government’s commitment to strategic sourcing on December 5, 2012 by issuing another memorandum on the subject “Improving Acquisition through Strategic Sourcing”.
Goals of FSSI
The primary goals of the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative are to:
· Strategically source across federal agencies
· Establish mechanisms to increase total cost savings, value, and socioeconomic participation
· Collaborate with industry to develop optimal solutions
· Share best practices, and
· Create a strategic sourcing community of practice
Current FSSI solutions include Domestic Delivery Services (FSSI DDS2), Maintenance, Repair and Operations (FSSI MRO); Office Supplies (FSSI OS2); Print Management (FSSI PM) and Wireless (FSSI Wireless).
FSSI – Furniture Group
As one of the new Strategic Sourcing efforts launched in 2013, the Furniture solution will include office furniture including, but not limited to, seating, shelving, tables, workstations, and displays. GSA Interact has a new group to collaborate with industry partners on how GSA can build an effective strategic sourcing solution for Furniture products and services that will:
· Leverage Federal government spending to drive savings
· Collect the right data at the right level of granularity to drive operational efficiencies and allow for better management decisions
· Increase adoption of best practices to improve efficiency
Stay tuned to online discussions related to the FSSI – Furniture initiative by joining the FSSI – Furniture Group and then go to “My Interact”.
About BH Sky
BH Sky Associates, based in Princeton, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., helps clients identify, negotiate, secure, market and manage procurement opportunities and government contracts at all levels. It is New Jersey’s only company specializing in GSA/VA Schedule Contracts and Government Market Intelligence. BH Sky offers professional consulting services to small and mid-size companies in a wide range of industries seeking to do business at all levels of government. For more information, view our videos or contact us directly by phone 866.468.7420 or email..