GSA has Begun the Migration Towards a Single Professional Services Multiple Award Schedule
The General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) has begun the migration to create a new single Professional Services Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) that encompasses professional services only.
Which Schedules are Defined as Professional Services?
GSA’s Consolidated Schedule (00CORP) will be rebranded to become the new Professional Services Schedule with the removal of all non-professional services SINs from the Consolidated Schedules program. The only exception to this rule is that two SINs, C132-51 – Information Technology Professional Services and C595-21 – Human Resources Services, in 00CORP are not included in the new Professional Services Schedule.
What is included in the new program?
- 520 – Financial and Business Solutions (FABS)
- 541 – Advertising and Integrated Marketing Services (AIMS)
- 738II – Language Services
- 871 – Professional Engineering Services (PES)
- 874 – Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS)
- 874-V – Logistics Worldwide (Logworld)
- 899 – Environmental Services
- 00CORP – Consolidated Services
What is the Impact on Existing Contracts?
For businesses that hold two or more applicable contracts,
- FAS is providing these businesses with instructions on how to consolidate their multiple schedule contracts
- There will be changes to their contract number due to the migration
- The contract performance period will change
- Terms and Conditions (T&C) may change depending on individual contract details
- Renegotiation of the T&C is possible
For businesses that hold only one contract,
- FAS will issue a mass mod to all single schedule holders changing their former schedule name to the Professional Services Schedule
- There will be no change to their contract number
- There will be no change to the SINs for all affected schedules except for the Consolidated Schedule which will no longer carry the alpha “C” designation for SINs other than C132-51 and C595-21
- The period of performance will remain unchanged
- T&C will remain unchanged
Timeline for Implementing These Changes
- FAS has issued instructions on the migration process for businesses that currently hold more than one contract in October 2014
- FAS began the migration of businesses to the existing Consolidated Schedule in October and the target completion date is December 2014
- The target date for FAS to issue the new Professional Services Schedule solicitation is March 2015
- The target date for FAS to close all single schedule contracts is March 2015
How Can BH Sky Help?
BH Sky, with its certified GSA specialists on staff, can assist your business migrate to the new Professional Services Schedule, whether your company has only a single schedule or it has multiple schedules. For more information contact us directly by phone 866.468.7420 or email or you can view our videos.
BH Sky Associates, based in Princeton, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., helps clients identify, negotiate, secure, market and manage procurement opportunities and government contracts at all levels. It is New Jersey’s only company specializing in GSA/VA Schedule Contracts and Government Market Intelligence. BH Sky offers professional consulting services to small and mid-size companies in a wide range of industries seeking to do business at all levels of government.